Thursday, August 30, 2007

prelim3 is half over now. and well, it hasnt been all that good. at this rate, i seriously dont know where im gonna go, probably some low end jc or a polytechnic. yucks.


monday
english paper was alright i suppose, i just feel that writing a newspaper report was rather odd. come to think of it, we've never had a proper practice for this style before, i dont know how i'll fare. thankfully, the summary was so chock-full of points that i couldnt fit all of them into the regulation 150 words. 15 marks for content would go a long way to pulling up my grade to the target of a1.

tuesday
urgh. horrid. okay, half horrid, emaths was... 'alright'. i mean, what do you call 69/80? some people would say that its not bad, but to have 6/7 marks taken off for carelessness? i seriously haven't learnt my lesson from past exams. right now its sitting nice and pretty at a moderated 77% for paper1, i hope that my careless mistakes dont cost me my a1 like they did when we had the olevel june paper mock exam.

gabriel asked me today: 'on a scale of 1-10, how disappointed are you with your emaths results?' part of me wanted to be happy for the 69, especially when i felt that i had done much worse, but there was this other part that wanted the a1 so badly. haha. alright, i need an additional 83/100 for paper2 after this one-week break to get my a1. i shall try will get it. CARELESS bugger me.

social studies. omg. sorry mr k. i think i seriously let you down this time. although sri lanka came out like i guessed it would, i think i misinterpreted the essay question, not to mention that i didnt finish up my source-based properly. disgusting. usually each of my essays take up only 3/4 page and gets me the marks i require, this time- no idea why i wrote 1 1/2 pages for each essay, leaving me with not enough time for the sbq. damn. my time management seriously sucked. and its not like my elective geography can help pull my combined humanities grade up either. eeyer. im so gonna mug for geog this hols so that i can make it look respectable.


wednesday
haha. chinese? i crapped my way through it. for once, i totally didnt do ANY revision for chinese on tuesday. i think ive kinda developed this sort of 'hai-who cares' attitude towards it already. but then again. looked through notes in the morning bus ride and when in school. dont think i'll fare all that badly. perhaps could be able to scrape an a2? yeah i hope so. although my chinese compre skills are very very sketchy these days.


thursday
physics. how depressing. who was the person who came up with the lousy idea of telling us that this prelim paper would be olevel standard? i kept doing the physics tys and thought that i would be prepared. BAH. took one look at the paper and...

the paper was a slippery little devil, tricky and everything. besides, my best friend-carelessness paid me a visit when i was doing the mcq. we talked and laughed and talked some more. but when he left, carelessness stole roughly 5mcq marks from me. DAMN HIM!




sniff. i seriously get the feeling that this prelims aint gonna turn out nice and cheery after all. someone save me. or rather- i really need to wake up and save myself. oh btw, tomorrow's teachers day celebrations. i'll probably be heading down to yzps for the last time to hang with the gang (or whats left of it) again. it'll be nice to see them again, teachers day being the only time we get to meet up. hmm. i think felicia's gonna buy flowers or something for ms suppiah. haha. well, we'll see.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home